Commissions

  • Slide Title

    Write your caption here

    Button
  • Slide Title

    Write your caption here

    Button
  • Slide Title

    Write your caption here

    Button
  • Slide Title

    Write your caption here

    Button

COMMISSIONS

As a Watercolour Portrait Artist, I usually work on commission.  I most often paint from life sketches, photographs or digital images (the more the better as I then really get to know the character of the person being painted).

Portraiture gives me the great privilege of being able to closely study each sitter – whether that be Tiny Tots, Teens, Mums, Dads and Grans – as the artist, it is a charming and wonderful experience.

However, we all want a happy outcome, therefore I offer a guaranteed refund if you are not absolutely delighted with your painting.  This is all theory, however, as I have never yet had a commissioned painting returned!

So, if you want to know how to commission your own original watercolour portrait, please read on…
My commissioned portrait prices range from single head and shoulder baby portraits size (A4 size) $850 to larger compositions up to $5000 – depending upon size and number of sitters. If you live within Australia I can usually arrange delivery of the painting, mounted and framed under glass and ready for hanging on your wall. Shipping is usually included in the quoted price. If, however, you live overseas I may ship the painting mounted but unframed.

First you need to contact me by email or phone. We will chat about your painting, how you visualize the portrait, the size of the piece, any deadlines you may have etc. Commissions, like any painting, take time. Normally I need a minimum of three calendar months for the completion of your painting.

When we have finalised the details I will send you a Commission Form containing the specific

idea we discussed for your watercolour painting.
View of a portrait of a cute kid
View of a portrait of a cute smiling kid
I will then proceed to work on the composition and will send you a digital image or photograph of the pencil sketch. When you approve the sketch, you send me a 25% deposit payment. The next step is that I work on the painting. On completion of the portrait I will send you a digital image or photograph. When you approve the finished painting you send me the remaining 75% payment and I send you the finished piece.

Satisfaction Guaranteed!
When you receive the painting, if you are not completely delighted with it, I will give you a guaranteed refund. All I ask is that you return the painting to me, in the same condition in which you received it, within 14 days of receipt. It may be that some commissioned works will be pieces I can resell and for these works the refund will be 100% of the purchase price.
However, portrait commissions are more personal in nature and consequently more difficult to resell. For portrait commissions the refund will be 75% of purchase price. (However, I will refund the remaining 25% if I resell your piece
within one calendar year.) This is all theory, however, as I have never yet had a commissioned painting returned!
And that is it! You know how simple it is to commission a portrait painting, you know roughly how long it will
take and you know that you have a guaranteed refund if you are not thrilled with the results.

What do you have to lose?
Phone me on +61 2 9416 2265 / Mob: 0439 986 452
or email me at
deejackson@deejackson.com.au and get started today.
I look forward to hearing from you.
View of a portrait of a cute kid
Phone Dee today on +61 2 9416 2265
Share by: